Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Please note  there is an important notice to read regarding the future of this site ... see link below :-

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/60475-tipf-will-be-closing-down-on-30th-june-2024/

Thank  you

Clicker and Ryewolf.   Admin 

I am sad.

Yesterday, I had to take my very last ferret "Angel" to the vets as was limping last week and also had lumps in her neck.
The vet gave us painkillers in the hope that she had just hurt her leg in the cage or something not too serious, and told us to take her back in a week if she wasn't any better,as the days went by her other leg went under her and by Monday she couldn't balance at all so we took her back yesterday and the vet thinks she may have something like a tumor presseing on her spinal cord and as the lumps in her neck hadn't gone down then this was most  likey the cause.
I could have taken her back home with more painkillers, but they upset her stomach so was in more pain, and as she was going to get worse and be in pain in what short time she had left, I decided that
It was  hard decision but I had to do what was best for her and not or myself and not let her suffer.

It's been especially hard as she was my very last ferret who I adopted from the rescue.
It's been a hard day sorting out cages, bedding etc. which will be passed on to another local ferret rescue.
She was only four and a half years old, and some of you will remember me posting pics of her on here when she was a kit.
I feel like I have lost an arm, and although Evie (dog) is here, it seems so empty without Angel popping her little head up out of her sleep sack to let us  know that she wanted to come out for her playtime..
I have had 32 ferrets over twelve years and loved ech and everyone. 7 have been our own and the rest were long term fostersI have enjoyed doing a little bit over that time to help the rescue by fostering.

As we are both getting older , we decided that Angel would be the last one, but we expected to have her at least another 3 or 4 years as she was a tough an lively little girl up into the last week or so..
Here are a couple of pics of her when se was adopted.
She was my baby and I am really going to miss her. :(

DSCF2706-1.jpg

DSCF2728.jpg
Not very sharp but I'm glad I got the pics when she was little.

Edited by NannyFerret

Thank you all. It's just so hard knowing that I won't be giving anymore rescues the love and care that they deserve, but as a board had to go over the doorway when they came out to play, and as we are getting older and John is having trouble with his hips and knees, we decided to call it a day when Angel went over the Bridge.
We just didn't expect it this quick,

Oh Tina., bless you. I knew Angel had been poorly, I am so sorry to hear this news. 

I know how special she was to you, and after Star you made the decision that she would be your last ferret so losing her must have it you hard. 

You have done a great job over the years with your ferret rescue work, and even though you will not be actively adopting anymore, I am sure you will continue to help them with your support in other ways.

Big hugs to you xxx

So sorry to read this Tina - never an easy decision but all credit to you for making the decision that was best for Angel. I'm so glad I had that one opportunity to meet her, and have a couple of photos.

Focus on the happy memories and the laughs she gave you and John, and know that you gave her good times that she may never have experienced if you had not taken her under your wing. Hugs for you.

Thank you, Karen. I'm missing her terribly and trying to keep myself occupied.

Thank you, Annie, It was really hard, but then it's always hard to make that decision, even though I have had to do it so many times.

As it was a later appointment my daughter took me in the car so I didn't have to take Angel out in the cold and on and off buses.

I was glad she was there. She is like me, and will only take rescue animals, and we go with each other when we think they aren't going to come home.

It helped a lot.

Thank you, Dee, am so glad that you got to meet her. And you were the last one she grabbed with her teeth. (sorry about that) she wasn't a nasty girl, just wary of strangers as she was very loving to me and gave me kisses even when she was poorly.

Edited by NannyFerret
  • Like 2

So sorry to hear that Tina. Ferrets mean as much to you as dogs and cats mean to others, so I know how you must be feeling. The only consolation is that you made the best decision to end her suffering.

One quick question though - was she an albino? (They featured an albino badger on yesterday's local news - apparently very rare).

Thank you both.
I guess it will take time as I have owned and fostered ferrets for 12 years.

Evie will keep me on my toes, but I was at a loose end at 6pm last night which is when Evie usually goes upstairs and  Angel came out for her playtime and some one to one attention.
I now she isn't suffering anymore, and it is ourselves that we feel sad for whether it's a human or a pet.

• Like 1

So sorry to hear about Angel.  I can imagine some of the pain you are feeling, having had my previous cat put to sleep before Christmas.  It is never an easy decision to make, but what helped me get through it a little was thinking that that last act is the price you pay for the years of pleasure they have given you.  It is a high price to pay, but I'm sure you wouldn't have changed a thing.  You have done a wonderful thing, rescuing all those little creatures, so I hope you can take some comfort from knowing what a great life you have given them, which they may not otherwise have had.

x

Thank you. I can feel for you too. Only people who are animal lovers can really understand the bond between them and their pets.

My daughter also had to let her cat go to sleep just after Christmas.

I didn't rescue the ferrets myself but after adopting my first two, then another one and then another two, I started fostering for the lady who ran the rescue and rescued something like 7or 8 thousand over about 30 years.

Some biters amongst them who turned out so lovely after some one to one.U

I also had a couple come to me that had terminal illnesses, so I could take care of them while giving Rose the time to look after the thousands of ferrets that she rescued and found good homes for.

Along the way, I adopted Star (a tiny albino Jill) and the Angel who ended up being cage mates.

I think I am more upset that Angel went downhill so quickly and she had always been such a lively playful girl who was still fairly young at 4-1/2 years.

I was hoping that she would had a lot longer.

Edited by NannyFerret

Thank you. I can feel for you too. Only people who are animal lovers can really understand the bond between them and their pets.

My daughter also had to let her cat go to sleep just after Christmas.

I didn't rescue the ferrets myself but after adopting my first two, then another one and then another two, I started fostering for the lady who ran the rescue and rescued something like 7or 8 thousand over about 30 years.

Some biters amongst them who turned out so lovely after some one to one.U

I also had a couple come to me that had terminal illnesses, so I could take care of them while giving Rose the time to look after the thousands of ferrets that she rescued and found good homes for.

Along the way, I adopted Star (a tiny albino Jill) and the Angel who ended up being cage mates.

I think I am more upset that Angel went downhill so quickly and she had always been such a lively playful girl who was still fairly young at 4-1/2 years.

I was hoping that she would had a lot longer.

Such a shock under those circumstances.

She knew she was loved though, I'm sure. {{{{{ }}}}}

Karen, I think I would have been better when her natural time had come a bit later.

I'm glad it didn't happen later in the year as my daughter was coming every day to look after her. It's a big responsibily for someone else to look after a sick animal.

Up until last year, the rescue lady was boarding but had to stop do to her own health.

Colin, I know it was the right thing to do, and it hurts, but I would be guilty of cruelty if I had let her suffer.

Thank you to everyone for their kind words. It does help, and I am keeping occupied as much as possible.

I have loved owning and fostering ferrets for so long, and it seems like the end of an era.

I will be glad when we can get out and about a bit more and get myself back into using my camera.

Edited by NannyFerret

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/henley-green-ferret-welfare-sanctuary-3029225

Here is an arrival from the Telegraph. It was longer than 25 years but still a very long time.

Rose, and the other foster parents are still very good friend and we are all still very good friends with other ferret owners who came from all over the UK to the fundraising shows that Rose ran twice a year to raise money for the rescues many vet bills.

We were like one big happy family and still keep in touch on Facebook.

Edited by NannyFerret

I thought you were talking about ferrets, Chris.
I've never seen any pictures of albino badgers, but I know there are loads of albino ferrets.

Most people that I know who adopt  a rescue ferret or more they try and fit some albino ferrets into their groups as they are often passed by because of their red/pink eyes.

True ferret lovers don't care what colour they are, so long as they can give them a good and loving home.

I thought you were talking about ferrets, Chris.

I've never seen any pictures of albino badgers, but I know there are loads of albino ferrets.

Most people that I know who adopt  a rescue ferret or more they try and fit some albino ferrets into their groups as they are often passed by because of their red/pink eyes.

True ferret lovers don't care what colour they are, so long as they can give them a good and loving home.

The albino badger wasn't white - it was pale brown, but without stripes.