Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Please note  there is an important notice to read regarding the future of this site ... see link below :-

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/60475-tipf-will-be-closing-down-on-30th-june-2024/

Thank  you

Clicker and Ryewolf.   Admin 

Landscape Photographer Of The Year

Thunderer

I usually go to see this annual exhibition and go away inspired to emulate the technique and artistry of the exhibits. I, of course, fail in my attempts.

I have seen previews of this year's exhibition eg in the Sunday Times today. As usual brilliant stuff.

However my reaction has changed to one of why bother to even try when there is such enjoyment to be had from looking at the exhibits and when my futile efforts cause me little but frustration and disappointment.

Do other people feel the same or am I just a sad old git whose mojo has gone awol?

Jeff

I always try even if I get rubbish results... see the winner of this months photo of the month (ME)  I DON'T usually do landscapes, Motorsport is my thing, I see something and try my best to get a good shot, you should give whatever it is a try you may surprise yourself :)

I think you may just have gone AWOL Jeff!    :rofl:

But seriously, photography is not just about a print in an exhibition, it's a way of life. Because of photography I now spend a lot of time walking in the Lake District, something I would never have done before. I've met loads of new friends and been to places I've never been before. I have visited and photographed every lighthouse in Morecambe bay, discovered the life cycle of the Wolf spider and many other creatures. I've learnt about stars and constellations, maritime history, how cotton bobbins are made and many other things that I'd never event thought about before. I've learnt how to build and configure a computer, use various operating systems and software. Photography has been a real eye opener for me; I now see the world in a different way than before.

So when I look at my pictures and find that they don't match up to the award winning photographer who has their print on the wall of a gallery (ok, I have won picture of the week a few times and recently photo of the month) I'm aware that my picture represents not just the scene printed on paper, but the stronger, healthier and happier person I am because of taking that picture. My pictures are part of me and who I am.

Jeff, stick around this forum for a while. Share your pics with us and you'll soon find that photography isn't about being as good as someone else, it's more about how you see yourself and the world around you.

• Like 2

I always try even if I get rubbish results... see the winner of this months photo of the month (ME)  I DON'T usually do landscapes, Motorsport is my thing, I see something and try my best to get a good shot, you should give whatever it is a try you may surprise yourself :)

Fair comment.

I need a project for an ARPS potential panel but just can't find it. We have put our house up for sale to move nearer to family. A move from West Pennine area to Vale of Evesham/Warwickshire/Worcestershire might give me some inspiration - after all the "idea" in art is the most difficult part and getting out of familiar surroundings should help.

Jeff

I think you may just have gone AWOL Jeff!    :rofl:

But seriously, photography is not just about a print in an exhibition, it's a way of life. Because of photography I now spend a lot of time walking in the Lake District, something I would never have done before. I've met loads of new friends and been to places I've never been before. I have visited and photographed every lighthouse in Morecambe bay, discovered the life cycle of the Wolf spider and many other creatures. I've learnt about stars and constellations, maritime history, how cotton bobbins are made and many other things that I'd never event thought about before. I've learnt how to build and configure a computer, use various operating systems and software. Photography has been a real eye opener for me; I now see the world in a different way than before.

So when I look at my pictures and find that they don't match up to the award winning photographer who has their print on the wall of a gallery (ok, I have won picture of the week a few times and recently photo of the month) I'm aware that my picture represents not just the scene printed on paper, but the stronger, healthier and happier person I am because of taking that picture. My pictures are part of me and who I am.

Jeff, stick around this forum for a while. Share your pics with us and you'll soon find that photography isn't about being as good as someone else, it's more about how you see yourself and the world around you.

Thanks for considered reply.

I have no need for an excuse to get out and about and have other interests that involve looking at what is around me in the NW.

It is the photographers block that I need to get round!

I must say that photography has brought little social contact ( unlike painting ) and I don't see that changing. I joined a photo club in the hope of some chat about photographs and photography but with little success. My planned move 120+ miles South should help to get out of my rut :-)) But at the moment I am in a rut, or have reached a plateau, and seeing the great photos in today's newspaper gave me a reminder of how stuck I am.

I'll put some images up for critique and see what comments are made.

Jeff